The pinnacle of all popcorn recipes
To say that we at Four20 are popcorn fiends is a complete understatement, so you know for popcorn day we had to spread some love. This recipe is brought to you from our Product Specialist and in-house canna-cooking expert, Crystal. This recipe is GOOD.
We have included variations on potency so you can tailor your desired experience. We must include a disclaimer because popcorn goes down so damn easy, consume with caution, or always go with the low potency version. If you plan on knocking back a large bowl (because popcorn…) mix in an un-infused batch to taper the potency. Again, customize as you see fit, but knowing how easy it is to eat more handfuls than we’d like to admit, we encourage safe consumption when infusing popcorn!
Now let’s get down to the good stuff.
For this recipe you will need:
- 14 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter *please see below note about potency and infused butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
Controlling the potency
Depending on the desired potency, you can do:
- 1 full cup of high potency butter
- 1/2 cup full potency butter and 1/2 cup regular butter
- 1 full cup low potency butter, OR
- 1/2 cup low potency butter and 1/2 cup regular butter. Please see the recipe for cannabutter here. This recipe includes directions for high potency butter, but you can adjust to make low potency butter by using 1/2 an ounce.
Additionally, you could use our edibles hack and use all regular butter, adding your oil drops to the butter for even distribution. This way you can enable precise dosing. Learn all about dosing here.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Arrange popcorn in 2 15×10 inch jelly roll pans; sprinkle toasted almonds over popcorn
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, water, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat
- Boil for two minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat
- Add in baking soda and mix well
- Pour over popcorn and almonds and toss until well coated
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring twice during baking
- Remove from oven and let cool on foil or waxed paper