Get a head start on the Christmas baking this year with this upgraded take on classic chocolate chip cookies. We added a double dose of green with pistachios and infused butter. If you can’t save these until Christmas, we won’t blame you, but they might help you handle the holiday madness.
The pistachios work really well with the infused cannabutter to offset the traditionally super sweet chocolate chip cookies. It adds an earthy quality that makes you feel just a smidge less guilty about indulging.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup infused butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios, shells removed
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the pistachios and chocolate chunks. Using a spoon, form balls of cookie dough (roughly tablespoon size). Place balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Additionally, they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod, and you can check out their original recipe here.