Chocolate covered strawberries
Nothing sets the mood like a couple of chocolate covered strawberries. This recipe is unbelievably easy. Chocolate, a bit of infused coconut oil and strawberries. The one difficult part is decorating, but that’s totally not necessary. If you’re extra, go for it. We eat with our eyes, right?
But, if you’re not artistically inclined, a strawberry covered in chocolate is a beautiful enough sight, you’re pretty much gold once you’ve got that down. We’re using infused coconut oil in the recipe A) to give you an elevated experience and B) coconut oil is key to creating a crunchy, shiny exterior. You can access the recipe for the infused coconut oil here.
These little guys will be mild, which is intended, because who can have just one strawberry?
For this recipe you will need:
- 9 ounces of chocolate of your choosing (milk, dark, white)
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of canna-coconut oil
- Optional toppings include: Freeze-dried strawberries or raspberries, pistachios, almonds (or any crushed nuts!), crushed Oreos, sprinkles, pop rocks, crushed pretzels and caramel drizzle, shortbread crumbles… Dream big. Boundaries no longer exist.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper
- Add chocolate and infused coconut oil into a heat-safe bowl
- Heat the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Stir frequently until the chocolate is fully melted. Do not overheat.
- Poke a skewer into the top of the strawberry and use this to dunk the strawberry in chocolate.
- Using a fork, remove the strawberry from the skewer and onto the parchment lined tray
- If you are adding additional toppings, add them right after placing on the parchment tray so the toppings will adhere to the chocolate
- Once all strawberries have been coated, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the chocolate to fully set.
And now all you have to do is enjoy!